Palm Springs will unveil remodeled downtown in Nov. 2017
A new experience for locals, tourists, and celebs will open up mid-November this year. Grit Development, formerly Wessman Development, has announced November 18 as the date for the opening of its Palm Springs revitalization project.
"After a decade of planning and hard work, we're thrilled to share the project is near completion and the line-up of tenants to date," said Grit Development President Michael Braun. "Dozens of tenants will open this summer with the Kimpton Rowan Hotel officially opening to the public in September. We are on track for a full grand opening in Mid-November."
The project will add more opportunities for fun and recreation in the city that already enjoys 350+ days of sunshine. Palm Springs has been considered Hollywood's playground; this project will now offer visitors a greater opportunity for night life, a superb art scene, and a cool vibe.
West Elm was the first retailer to open in 2016. Blaze Pizza followed on March 24.
This project's new tenants include:
- H&M will offer affordable fashion apparel. They are one of the world's largest retailers.
- Francesca's is a chic boutique where you will find clothing, bright baubles, and small gifts.
- Starbuck's Reserve, an upscale version of the coffee chain.
- Kimptom Rowan Hotel with a beautiful roof with a pool and city view. This boutique hotel has carefully designed rooms and suites and exquisite restaurants.
- Free People is another clothing brand that offers the latest trends for women who love to live freely through art, fashion, music, and travel.
- Kiehl, a brand retailer that specializes in skin, hair, and body care products.
- Tommy Bahama Restaurant and Bar.
- Stout Burgers & Beers, an upscale neighborhood restaurant offering gourmet burgers and a fine selection of beers.
- Il Corso, genuine Italian hospitality combined with fine dining.
"This line-up shows the quality and diversity of tenants to come," President Braun added. "Once complete, this project will put Palm Springs back on the map as a top destination. Visitors can enjoy staying at luxurious accommodations, shopping eclectic brands, and dining at incredible restaurants -- all within walking distance and surrounded by beautiful scenery and views few can match."